These mints are sugarfree and sweetened with Birchwood Xylitol–a natual sugar alcohol extracted from the bark of the Birch tree!
Chemical-free, natural, sugar-free, and fresh; I’ve been totally hooked on ’em lately.
In February, I resolved to cut out aspartame and other toxic sugar-free sweeteners of my diet for good.
While it is easy to identify artificial sweeteners in something like soda, it’s important to remember that unhealthy fake sweeteners are in things we consume every day, including common Toothpastes, Floss, Chewing Gums and Breath Mints.
The folks with Ice Chips have created a delicious alternative to sucralose and aspartame-sweetened mints, and have made tons of new flavors including cranberry, immunity, and ginger (I carry the ginger one around for stomach upset).
So far, the peppermint is my absolute favorite. Not only does it taste like a candy cane, but the non-GMO birchwood xylitol kills bacteria that causes bad-breath while the peppermint oil leaves lasting freshness!
Watch out when you bring these out in a crowd–they’re so delicious it can be hard to stop!
Hope you enjoy!
Homemade toothpaste is easy to make and healthier than most alternatives, which often contain artificial sweeteners (toxic, and a cause of bad breath!) and chemicals that soak straight into our bloodstream through our sensitive gums.
While there’s quite a few options (I like this one) available at health food stores (read your ingredients!), I’ve been experimenting with different homemade recipes; here’s the re-mineralizing version I whipped up this morning:
Quick Homemade Toothpaste:
- 1 Tbs. Baking Soda
- 1 Tbs. Liquid Bentonite Clay (re-mineralizing)
- 1 tsp. Non-GMO Xylitol (Anti-bacterial)
- 1/8 tsp. Cinnamon (Anti-microbial/stimulates blood flow for healthy gums)
- Stir all ingredients together (make sure to use glass, wood, or even a bpa-free plastic to mix and contain the toothpaste, as the bentonite clay can soak up heavy metals and other toxins when it comes in contact with anything metal).
- Apply to toothpaste to toothbrush as usual and brush away!
Your mouth should feel ultra-clean and your breath should stay extra-fresh all day long.
Mmm… so good for your body and way. too. easy.