Homemade toothpaste is easy to make and healthier than most alternatives, which often contain artificial sweeteners (toxic, and a cause of bad breath!) and chemicals that soak straight into our bloodstream through our sensitive gums.
While there’s quite a few options (I like this one) available at health food stores (read your ingredients!), I’ve been experimenting with different homemade recipes; here’s the re-mineralizing version I whipped up this morning:
Quick Homemade Toothpaste:
- 1 Tbs. Baking Soda
- 1 Tbs. Liquid Bentonite Clay (re-mineralizing)
- 1 tsp. Non-GMO Xylitol (Anti-bacterial)
- 1/8 tsp. Cinnamon (Anti-microbial/stimulates blood flow for healthy gums)
- Stir all ingredients together (make sure to use glass, wood, or even a bpa-free plastic to mix and contain the toothpaste, as the bentonite clay can soak up heavy metals and other toxins when it comes in contact with anything metal).
- Apply to toothpaste to toothbrush as usual and brush away!
Your mouth should feel ultra-clean and your breath should stay extra-fresh all day long.
Mmm… so good for your body and way. too. easy.