Following a sugarfree diet, and desperately missing some sweets?
This recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter layer bars is 100% sugarfree, naturally sweetened with stevia and will stop your sugar craving in a minute.
These little candy-bites are so nutritious they can even be eaten for breakfast!
Ingredients like Chia seeds, Walnuts, and Coconut add crunchy texture along with protein and healthy fats, making the energy you get from these yummy treats lasting and balanced.
A sweet treat that will leave you feeling satiated and guilt-free.
- 3 oz. Stevia chocolate (I use this dark chocolate bar–it’s dairy-free)
- 1 tsp. Chia Seeds (organic–‘n add more if you like, folks!)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped raw nut of your choice (I like using Walnuts for crunch and omega threes)
- 2Tbs. + 1 Tbs. Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Organic Peanut Butter, or Almond Butter
- 1/4 cup Raw Shredded Coconut
- Sweetener of choice, to taste (I used Stevia, but honey and maple syrup are lovely)
- Salt, for sprinkling
Optional: 1Tbs. Maca powder
- Gently melt chocolate and 2Tbs. coconut oil in a pan over low heat.
- Pour melted chocolate mixture into a medium bowl and add chia seeds, chopped nuts, and shredded coconut. Mix well.
- Place 2/3 of chocolate mixture into a thin layer of a wax-paper lined pan (mini-breadpans can work great, although I use chocolate molds). Place in freezer.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining coconut oil and mix with nut butter. Salt nut butter if unsalted. Add maca if using. Sweeten to taste.
- Remove chilled chocolate from freezer (takes no more than ten minutes) and spread nut butter mixture over solidified chocolate layer. Place in freezer again for five minutes to set.
- Top with remaining 1/3 chocolate mixture, sprinkle a pinch salt over (trust me!), chill in freezer and devour!
These bites are full of sweet, salty, rich goodness and pack a lot of energy. Complete with protein and healthy fats, this decadent treat won’t have you crashing–just try not to eat it all in one swoop (not that that’s happened to anyone I know…).