Growing up, my family’s favorite vinaigrette was this powdered mix. Now I’ve found a way to replicate its simplicity and delicious Italian flavor, and make it detox friendly!
That’s right–no sugar, no GMO or non-organic ingredients, and darn tasty! Perfect poured over my Easy Satisfying Salad:
Since everyone seems to love this sweet and savory Italian vinaigrette that I’ve been pouring all over everything lately, as per request, here is how to whip it up!
(But first, a moment for nostalgia…)
- 2 Tablespoons organic fresh lemon juice (a culinary tip: one lemon equals about two tablespoons lemon juice)
- 5 Tablespoons cold-pressed Olive Oil or Avocado Oil, or blend of the two
- 1 teaspoon Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1-2 Tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (this brand is a good start)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, or
- 1 teaspoon dried organic italian seasoning herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan pink or real salt
- 4-5 drops Stevia or 1 teaspoon raw honey
Throw all the ingredients in a bowl or blender and whisk away!
If you’d like even more of a nutritious punch, substitute 1 medium clove of garlic, minced, and half a teaspoon of minced fresh red onion for the onion powder.
If you like to keep it quick and easy, use the powder and this dressing takes only a moment to create!
Try it on a Quinoa “pasta” Salad (recipe to follow):
The salad pictured at top has: Fresh cherry tomatoes, chopped romaine lettuce, shredded carrot, diced avocado, raw sunflower seeds and a sprinkling of nutritional yeast for B-Vitamins, and a lil’ extra boost of energy! All organic, always.