I just found this recipe hiding in an old journal and could not be more happy!
Made by my sweet talented mama, I was afraid I would never find the exact ingredients for the dressing.
But here we are! Without further ado….
Roasted Cauliflower Jalapeno Salad:
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped
- Thinly sliced or finely chopped Red Onion, to taste (1/4-1/2)
- 2-3 fresh green Jalapenos
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2c Rice Vin (if using alt. vin decrease amount to 1/3 to start)
- 1/2c Oil (pick a healthy one, hippies. No canola please)
- 1/2tsp. dijon mustard
- Real salt, to taste
- Roast cauliflower in high-heat oil (coconut, der) in oven at 450 until golden brown. Doing this brings out the sugars–soo good. Salt it a little too, why not.
- Chop 1 Jalapeno, remove seeds (unless you’re feeling like a gambler) and place into a blender.
- Add Vinegar, Oil, Garlic, and Dijon to blender and blend away. A pinch of salt, or to taste is recommended. Sometimes a splash of water is nice too.
- Chop some red onion into your favorite shape (my mama did small chunks but I like super thin long slices–although they do kind of fit better in your mouth her way).
- Chop 1-2 Jalapenos, remove seeds (or add as many as you like for spice–I usually add about 1/2 to 1 jalapeno’s worth).
- In a large bowl, toss Cauliflower with dressing from blender and freshly chopped onion and jalapeno. Salt to taste. Serve warm or cold.
This only gets better with time–if you don’t eat it all in one sitting.
Thanks to my lovely mama!